Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Favorites: Belated October

"I restore myself when I'm alone."--Marilyn Monroe

Here are some of my indulgences this month. Due to technical difficulties, this post is a little late. I hope you enjoyed your October as much as I did and that you had a fun and festive Halloween.

1. Snack: Mini Apples


Little apples are a perfect fall snack because they are crisp, refreshing, flavorful, and perfectly sized for throwing in your bag or adding some nutrition to your lunch. I've been loving these bite-sized apples all month. For a savory snack, spread some garlic cheese on top of mini apple slices. For a sweet treat, dip in caramel or peanut butter.

2. Scent: Lollia "Wish" Eau de Parfum 

This perfume is a great transitional scent for late fall because it's a heavier scent that is still sugary and sweet. According to Lollia's website this fragrance's notes include: warm vanilla bean, sugar pastille, rice flower, jasmine leaves sweetened with sugar cane, ylang ylang, and amber woods. Also, can we just talk about how beautiful the gold leaf bees and sky blue detailing on the bottle are?


3. Treat: Godiva Chocolate Truffles














The month of October for me is all about discovering new sweets and treats. For me, Godiva is the perfect indulgence because these truffles are extremely decadent, flavorful and rich. This month I was lusting after the Pumpkin Cheesecake truffle but a perennial favorite is the Champagne truffle.


4. Tis the Season: Bath and Body Works Slatkin and Co./White Barn Candles

To say that BBW candles are a personal obsession of mine would be the understatement of the century. These candles conjure up all the comfort and coziness of staying inside as the weather grows colder and the feeling of pulling out chunky sweaters, thicker scarves and heavier blankets, even if the weather isn't quite right yet. My favorites include: Marshmallow Fireside, Farmstand Apple, Autumn Day, Black Pepper Bergamot, and White Barn No. 2 Chestnut and Clove.

5. My Cup of Tea: Mariage Freres- Bolero

This month I have been sipping this beautiful French fruity black tea. The peach, apricot, and fig in this tea gives it a very strong and rich flavor that is very calming and soothing. I love sipping this tea with Trader Joe's all-butter shortbread cookies with chocolate filling. To enjoy this loose-leaf tea, I recently purchased this damask mug from TJ Maxx that comes with a  large strainer and a matching ceramic coaster/lid (not pictured).

6. Adventure: Disneyland's Halloween Time

The Halloween decorations at Disneyland are probably my favorite of any season. I love the colors, the vintage motifs, and of course- the villains! The only thing I might suggest is getting there in September so that you can enjoy the fall decorations but beat the insane October crowds.

7. Colors: Fall Pumpkins

My favorite colors for the month are the many bright hues of fall pumpkins. Oranges, hunter green, creamy white, smoky grey, and golden rod. This picture was taken of a festive display in front of the Ritz Carlton hotel in Half Moon Bay.

8. Favorite Film: Gone With the Wind (1939)

Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_with_the_Wind_(film)

In early October I had the amazing opportunity to watch Gone With the Wind for the first time...on the silver screen! Watching this classic the way it was meant to be seen in a theater was truly a unique experience. This movie is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm tempted to brave Margaret Mitchell's novel.


That's all of my favorites for the month of October. Hopefully November will not be as painfully delayed. Enjoy sweet November, lovelies.

d.

No comments:

Post a Comment